The feature I use the most is the Award Builder. I spend considerable time creating various iterations of schedules specific to my needs, and with increasing seniority, this feature becomes more useful, as the final PBS award gets closer and closer to my desired outcome.
The Pay and Expense Tracker is Crewsware classic feature of course. While company pay statements are notoriously nebulous and difficult to decipher, Crewsware allows a fast and accurate check, which I do yearly in May. Even if there were no pay errors, the peace of mind alone is worth the yearly Crewsware subscription.
One more feature of which I make consistent use is the All Blocks feature, not only allowing me to see where my friends are at the moment, but seeing what kind of lifestyle a new position would generate for me.
Crewsware has been an amazing tool over the years!
Where to start?......I LOVE Crewsware!
The convenience, the many user-friendly features enables me to reduce stress associated with life. I could detail so many features I like… I would need a lot more than 250 words!
• Receiving pairings 1-2 days before biding opens enables me to filter then “Export to Sortable Pairings” (a convenient Excel format I could print) and get a head start on bidding wherever I am.
• Reminder e-mails to bid is great, especially on vacation where bidding could be missed! ....
• “Pairing Brief” (all you need in printable format) sent the day I fly. It has saved me to miss a flight!
• “All Blocks”; great tool to figure out what I can hold category wise (Galley, BL, etc.); makes my life easier when bidding. Thanks David for bringing it back!
• Been visual the “Pairing Filter” is great; tons of info at a quick glance (i.e.: long lay-over time (green)/short (red) and much more!); “Aircraft” filter; i.e.77P (PBS doesn’t allow to filter); “Days” column gives the actual number of days, thus avoiding screw-ups.
• “Award Builder”; to calculate vacations and flying hours in a cinch, thus saving time, headaches and mistakes!
• ANY airline/company information one “click” away! Not like the Portal….
• “My-layover” posts (I wrote a few ). A great tool and resource for traveling information! Forward to colleagues/friends. Add your posts for all to benefit!
You can’t beat the price for ALL you get! I would say to anyone: “Try it you’ll love it….but do try it!”
As a long time Crewsware customer I have found the service has evolved as my needs evolved over the years. I used Crewsware as a reserve Capt. on the 320 for Who's in Town and for calculating my expenses as well as determining what services were available at my layover hotels. Now as a block holder, I now use more tools than I expected, looking at All Blocks to see what other pilots are getting to look for tweaks to my bids and it has made a world of difference. But the most important tool Crewsware has and it’s the simplest, is the Bid closing countdown clock as well as the email reminders, I would have missed bidding FOR SURE on multiple occasions if it were not for that simple tool alone. Thanks Crewsware! I mean it! Probably the most beneficial lifestyle tool I have had at this airline!
Crewsware has made my monthly flying a breeze by not having to navigate all over Aeronet looking for all the info. Flight brief has it all in one spot. I appreciate "All Blocks" every month to see where the fling has ended up and lastly Expense Tracker has recovered hundreds over the years.